Would you like a course that covers: Temporality in Data Vault Queries? The class would be priced between $249 and $899 depending on the length of the recording (maybe more if it becomes an 8 hour hands on course). The topics I am considering for this course include: (when I say Dates, I mean Date Times)
THE FOCUS OF THIS CLASS / MICRO CLASS IS: QUERYING THE RAW DATA VAULT EFFICIENTLY
- Data Over Time
- What's wrong with the Load Date in business queries?
- Applied Date
- Snapshot techniques for Pits & Bridges (shared lesson with the PITS and Bridges Course)
- Business Dates vs System Dates vs Load Dates
- Real-Time dates / message & transaction dates
- Performance Testing of clustered vs non clustered PK's in Satellites (on SQLServer)
- Turning an MD5 Hash in to a Dual BIGINT field (and performance testing this)
- Temporality Setup (DDL, Structures used, what we will test with)
- Understanding Temporal Queries from the start
- What is a Cartesian Product and how does it work with a Snapshot date?
- Examining the notion of "current record"
- Why UPDATES are no longer acceptable
- Using Business Dates instead of the LOAD DATE
- What is an APPLIED DATE and how should we leverage it?
- Performance of WITH statements vs Nested Queries
- Performance of Single View vs Stacked views
- Understanding No Lock (Transaction Isolation Level zero)
- Optimizations to Querying Link Satellites
- Leveraging Status Satellites
- Leveraging Effectivity Satellites
- Best method for querying Hierarchical or Same-As Links WITH effectivity Satellites
Thoughts? Is there anything specific that I'm missing that you'd want to see?
This is a HANDS ON course, I would provide: DDL, some sample data (plus a SQLServer stored proc to generate more test data), Queries, Views that I teach all as downloads.