Why Data Vault in the Digital Era?
Speaker: Mary Mink, Chestnut Hill Technologies
The importance of data has grown exponentially over the past decade and with it the amount of data we are generating. We have gone from utilizing data for daily operational reporting needs to a Digital Era requiring near real-time availability of information. Hospitals depend on it to save lives; NASA uses it to enable space travel and we use it every day to guide us to find the best driving routes.
Utilizing extremely large volumes of data at high speeds is required to support the emerging technology needs which have become key drivers in our Data-Centric world. These drivers include the following…
- Mobile Application Analytics
- Smart Meters
- Sensors for Monitoring
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Machine Learning
- Data Science (Predictive, Prescriptive and Descriptive) Modeling
- Artificial Intelligence
- Self-Service Business Intelligence and Data Visualizations
- Data-as-a-Service (DaaS)
Our Technology has advanced so much providing us options for ways to ingest massive amounts of data at high speeds. But what do you do with the data once you get it? How do you make the data actionable in a near-real-time basis? How do you manage and govern it?
What you will learn:
In this session, you will learn why you need Data Vault 2.0 to help you handle the main data challenges in the Digital Era. The following topics will be discussed.
Top 10 Data Challenges
- Data Ingestion of Big Data
- Data Integration of hybrid sources while providing a single version of the truth
- Data Latency and Timing including batch, event-driven and streaming
- Agility of adding new data sources
- Resilience to evolving business needs
- Scalability for volume growth and expansion of data
- Performance of both ingestion and consumption of data
- Quality and Governance of data
- Auditability for compliance
- Management and Support of the data processes
After this session, you will know what the main benefits of using Data Vault 2.0 are and how you can help your company to increase revenues, decrease costs, minimize risk and enhance customer experience thru utilization of data best practices. You will have the approach to deliver the “Right data at the right time!”.